The new R700 flagship floorstanding loudspeaker is ideal for design-forward consumers who want their speakers to blend in with their surroundings. With a bold, rich sound, the flagship 1” Pinnacle tweeter and 5.25” Turbine cone combine with Power Port 2.0 to bring life to any room. Immerse yourself in your favourite musical recordings or your weekly movie night with the new Polk Reserve R700 flagship tower.
Over 40 years of tweeter innovation, design and prototyping has led to the development of the new 1” high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter featured on Polk’s flagship Legend series. Developed by Polk Audio, it delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted colouration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad “sweet spot” while the critically damped rear-chamber helps defeat any unwanted resonances.
Polk developed the Turbine cone specifically for our flagship products to ensure the natural reproduction of the mid-range, to which human ears are particularly sensitive. These Turbine cones combine Polk’s proprietary foam core and molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increase stiffness and damping, without adding mass. You will hear every detail and experience a smooth, detailed mid-range and effortless bass.
Polk’s new Power Port 2.0 is the latest version of our successful Power Port technology. In addition to Power Port’s carefully engineered port design that smooths the flow of air as it exits the cabinet through the port, X-Port adds a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to unwanted cabinet and port resonances. Together, these two technologies combine to function as Power Port 2.0 to deliver smooth, detailed audio. Combined with dual 8” woofers you’ll get louder, cleaner bass while minimizing turbulence and port noise.
Your sound is only as good as your source. With Hi-Res Audio certification, the Polk Reserve R700 delivers clear and detailed high-end response. Female vocals are particularly smooth and detailed without colouration. Plus, a minimum support of 40kHz perfectly reproduces the latest High Resolution audio files with improved audio extension.
- Pinnacle Tweeter: The new ring radiator tweeter design dramatically improves dispersion while delivering clear, crisp, and natural highs
- Turbine Cone: Delivers smooth and incredibly detailed mid-range imaging
- Dual 8” Woofers: Long throw drivers deliver deep, tight, effortless bass
- Power Port 2.0 (patent pending): Innovative new port design enables effortless bass to play lower and louder than traditionally ported speakers
- Premium Cabinet Bracing with CRC: Advanced precision point to point braced cabinets with new Cabinet Resonance Control (CRC) eliminate unwanted panel resonances
- Anti-diffraction Magnetic Grilles: Acoustically inert grilles offer a clean aesthetic without sacrificing sound
- Versatile Feet: Depending on your room, use carpet-friendly feet with built-in spikes or rubber boots to maximize stability on hard floor surfaces; each foot can be individually leveled and adjusted
- Power Recommendation: 100W or more per channel power amplification is recommended to experience the best quality and performance
- Dual 5-way binding posts: Large, widely spaced premium binding posts for bi-wiring and bi-amping
- Engineered by Polk USA: Reserve Series was designed, engineered, and voiced by Polk engineers in Baltimore, Maryland
- Optional Height Module: For the latest immersive vertical surround sound, add an optional R900 height module (can be wall mounted or placed on top of the speaker)
- Hi-Res Audio Certified: Delivers clear and detailed high-end response up to 40Khz for improved high frequency signals for today’s high-quality audio and Hi-Res Audio formats (such as DSD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC and MQA)